Managing Your Child’s Myopia Progression with Total Myopia
Blurry vision can affect your child more than you may realize. At Santa Cruz Optometric Center, we’re here to help your child manage nearsightedness, also known as myopia. Our Total Myopia program is designed to protect and enhance your child’s eye health. We can identify myopia during an eye exam and then create a personalized plan that suits their needs.
Here’s what our Total Myopia program includes:
- Customized myopia control methods
- Regular appointments for consistent monitoring and management
- Assessments aligned with individual treatment plans to maintain eye health
- Comprehensive training on the chosen myopia control methods
- An ongoing maintenance regimen to support myopia control with a focus on long-term results
Schedule your child’s eye exam today.
What Is Myopia Control?
Myopia, or nearsightedness, usually starts developing during a child’s early school years and continues progressing into early adulthood. It happens when the eye grows too long or the cornea too steeply curved, preventing light from focusing correctly when looking at things far away.
The goal of myopia control is to slow down this progression, just like applying brakes to a fast-moving car.
How Can Myopia Impact Your Child’s Success?
When nearsightedness goes untreated, it can affect your child’s school performance, self-confidence, and overall eye health. More than 60% of the brain is involved in processing visual information. That means how your child sees and learns from their surroundings is impacted. Whether it’s in the classroom or on the playground, it’s challenging to learn when everything is blurry.
That’s where the Total Myopia program comes in—we offer personalized and ongoing support for your child. Let’s help them see and succeed.
Common Signs & Symptoms of Myopia
Recognizing myopia in your child may not always be straightforward. They might not know how to explain what they’re seeing or even realize that others see differently. However, there are common signs that can help you identify if your child is experiencing vision problems, such as:
- Frequent squinting, eye rubbing, or blinking
- Headaches after activities that involve distances
- Complaints of tiredness or eye strain
- Poor coordination (bumping into or difficulty catching objects)
Start Myopia Management Today
We want to help set up your child for success—starting with proactive management of myopia from an early age. Myopia is a progressive condition that can increase risks to overall eye health as it gets worse, including sight-threatening conditions like cataracts, glaucoma, myopia macular degeneration, and retinal detachment. By starting early, we can help lower those risks.
Our Total Myopia program is designed to give your child personalized attention and care so they can feel confident about their vision. Schedule your child’s eye exam at Santa Cruz Optometric Center today.
Come See What We’re About
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed